Zenith’s On-Going Commitment to Safety & Excellence
21 Dec 2022
As part of Zenith’s continued commitment to safety and excellence, the month of December traditionally sees the dedicated Zenith workforce undergoing a comprehensive schedule of training at our head office. This year is no exception.
Each year, Zenith’s senior management team prioritises this intense training period to concentrate everyone’s efforts on keeping the company-wide training up to the highest standards possible. Minimum contracting activity takes place for its duration.
Up to 120 personnel will benefit from the training given. The last working week in December affords us the only opportunity to arrange these activities as we work around the globe and it’s a rare occurrence to see so many Zenith employees gathered together at any one time. For instance, this year has seen us working extensively in The Middle East, Central Asia, and mainland Europe as well as in our traditional markets in the UK and Ireland.
The following list gives an overview of the training being provided as well as the respective training providers:
- Face Fit and Medium Risk Confined Space provided by Total Safety.
- CCNSG 2 Day Safety Passport Training provided by Central Training.
- Harness Training provided by Scorpio Training.
In addition, the facilities at The National Mining Museum in Newtongrange have also been utilised for our intensive training:
- Emergency First Aid in the Workplace provided by James Hay Training.
- Anchors for Steeplejacks provided by On Site Assessment & Training Services Limited.
- Asbestos Awareness provided by ARC (Asbestos Risk Control).
- Manual Handling Training provided by EHS Training.
- Abrasive Wheels provided by Central Training Services.