5 Sep 2017
Zenith has successfully completed another FPSO flare tip replacement in offshore West Africa. The entire project was safely completed within a four day period.
The design, supply and installation of the temporary lifting davit was carried out completely in-house. The advantages in choosing this option are:
- Proven safe method.
- Cost savings when compared with expensive helicopters & barge cranes.
- Gantry steelwork incorporates details for secondary method of flare tip lowering in the event the main hoist fails.
- Full gantry test build undertaken in our yard to check fitting and constructability.
- Gantry test – Experienced installation crew selected. Same crew used to carry out gantry test build undertaken in our yard to check fitting and constructability.
- Brackets for installation access support built into the gantry steelwork for quick and safe installation.