Bonnington Power Station

17 Mar 2020

Following the successful completion of a major refurbishment at the Drax owned Stonebyres Hydro-electric Power Station, Zenith has been awarded a similar significant project at another Drax owned Hydro-electric Power Station at Bonnington.
Bonnington Hydro-electric Power Station is located on the River Clyde in Lanarkshire.
It was constructed, along with Stonebyres Hydro Station, in 1927 to the designs of Buchan & Partners, Edinburgh and constructed by Sir William Arrol & Co and the English Electric Company. The Client was the Clyde Valley Electrical Power Co Ltd.
It’s form is a tall, single-storey 3 by 7 bay, reinforced concrete building with round-headed windows as well as ancillary 3 and 2 storey blocks in similar style.
The building is statutorily listed, Category ‘A’.
Zenith SAS Limited is currently performing extensive civil repairs to the buildings at the Power Station. The contract, with a duration throughout 2020, will include the following works;
1. Comprehensive scaffold design, erection and encapsulation to entire structure.
2. Roof Refurbishment.
3. Building Refurbishment.
4. External walls.
5. Internal Turbine Hall.
6. Windows & Doors.

Share this